Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Second to last day in Minneapolis

So as the majority of you know, I'm leaving Minneapolis on Thursday morning. Been experiencing a lot of mixed feelings about it, but I know in my deepest heart that it's the right decision to move to greener pastures. I think that Seattle is going to ultimately be where I end up. It would be neat to land a job with one of the awesome game studios up there I admire. Valve, PopCap, Runic Games and others.

The biggest thing I'm going to miss about this state is the people I've formed such amazing friendships with. It hurts to know I'm not going to be physically close too so many of you for a an extended period of time. The thing I'm going to miss the least is definitely the weather.

Tomorrow morning the moving company my mum hired comes in to sweep up stuff into their moving van. I'm going to be sleep deprived tonight racking my brain to quadruple check to see if I have absolutely everything.

On June 28th I head out to Europe. Which will practically be an adventure just getting over there, as my entire plane jumping trip is about 19 hours of time. I plan to take some dramamine or melatonin or some other powerful sleeping pills along with me to knock myself out on the flight over to Iceland. I'm hoping that will beat jet lag into the dirt. They also might serve me well on the Eurorail, since I seem to have a nervous annoying problem about being completely inept at sleeping on moving things, particularly very fast moving things.

More updates about my pre-prep for my trip to come later this week, and other exploits if my trip back to Portland produces any interesting tidbits and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment